Dr. Einat Wilf, a Senior Fellow with the Jewish People Policy Institute and the Baye Foundation Adjunct Fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, was Chair of the Education, Sports and Culture Committee, Chair of the Knesset Sub-Committee for Israel and the Jewish People, and Member of the influential Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee in the 18th Knesset.
Previously, Dr. Wilf served as Foreign Policy Advisor to Vice Prime Minister Shimon Peres and a strategic consultant with McKinsey & Company.
Born and raised in Israel, Dr. Wilf served as an Intelligence Officer in the Israel Defense Forces.
Dr. Wilf is the author of three books that explore key issues in Israeli society. Her first book, “My Israel, Our Generation”, is about Israel’s past and future from the perspective of the younger generation. Her second book, “Back to Basics: How to Save Israeli Education (at no additional cost)“, offers a detailed and feasible policy proposal for improving Israel’s education system. Her third and recent book, “It’s NOT the Electoral System, Stupid” demonstrates through comparative analysis why Israel’s electoral system is no worse than those of other democracies and therefore should not be changed.
Dr. Wilf has a BA in Government and Fine Arts from Harvard University, an MBA from INSEAD in France, and a PhD in Political Science from the University of Cambridge.
• From Spring to Winter: the Unravelling of the Post-Ottoman Order
• A Neutral Bunker: Israel’s National Security in a Changing Middle East
• Dangerous Ideas: Israel and the Battle Against Delegitimization
• Zionism in the 21st Century: Rethinking Israel and the Jewish People
• Nation Building at Home: Israel’s Political Shift Inward
• Having it All and then Some: Women’s Leadership, Family Life and Social Structures
• The Red Carpet Syndrome: A Personal Account of the Path to Politics
• Not all Start-Up Nation: How Concentration of Wealth Hold Israel’s Economy Hostage
• It’s NOT the Electoral System, Stupid: The Case Against Changing Israel’s Electoral System